Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sydney Street Photography–5th March 2011

Taking out the DSLR to capture some shots to highlight the first week of Autumn, proved to be unsuccessful, but street life in Sydney was buzzing.

I guess everyone was celebrating the completion of the first week of university.

Usually I use an Olympus Trip 35mm, (yes film) for my street photography as it is a small & inconspicuous piece of gear that no one gives a second look at. If they do, I look like the perfect tourist :)

Another day, another picture, another buck.

Another Day. Another Masterpiece. Another buck.

Nikon 17-55 F/2.8 @35mm, F/8.0, ISO 640

I walked past this guy when he was about halfway done with the image, (Sydney Harbour Bridge + Opera House). He was meticulous; paintbrush touched the canvas for a few seconds - then look up at the subject – and back down at the canvas - stare at the image for another few seconds - then contact again.

I came back after a few hours and he was still there – but this time with an almost-finished image of the major attractions of Sydney, Australia.

Feets of time

The next generation of feet.

Nikon 17-55 F/2.8 @55mm, F/8.0, ISO 640

Stopped at a crossing and saw a pair of pudgy little feet in front of me, I think what attracted me to fire off a couple of shots off the hip was the juxtaposition of the baby & adult pair of legs in front of it – I had to compose the image quickly before the red man turned green.

Luckily I got this in one go! The Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8 is a machine.

 

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment